The TurboApp allows the CRM users to seamlessly board new merchants directly to the First Data Retail processor. To set up the integration, please see this article: First Data Omaha Integration Guide.
Starting the TurboApp
To board an account in TurboApp, we recommend clicking the Board Merchant button on the lead:
When you board a merchant to TurboApp from a lead, the lead field info, attached files, and assigned users will automatically populate into the new TurboApp record based on the TurboApp field mappings.
To start a new and empty TurboApp application, navigate to TurboApp > New Application in the top navigation bar. When you're starting a new application from the top navigation bar, you will need to enter all of the information and settings manually. This method is only recommended if you don't already have a lead to go with the account, but that should not be common.
The New Application page will open as shown in the below example:
Select the appropriate options in the initial drop-down menus and click the Start Application button to launch your new application.
Note: If you have multiple processor integrations enabled, then make sure to select First Data Retail in the first drop-down menu on the page.
The application process consists of several steps which take about 5 minutes to complete.
If needed, you can leave at any point and find the saved record under TurboApp > Incomplete Apps.
Step 1. Upload Files
In the first step of the application process, you will need to upload your Merchant Processing Agreement, a Void Check, and your Confirmation Page to the TurboApp.
If the last two items are included in the Merchant Processing Agreement, then you may only upload the first file (and select the Check is included with Application and the Page is included with Application checkboxes).
If needed, you may also upload additional supporting documents to be included with your application. Once all required documents have been selected, click the Upload Files button.
After the files have been uploaded successfully, the application will move on to the second step.
Below is a screenshot of the Upload Files page:
Step 2. Corporate Information
In the second step, you'll need to enter the corporate information on the merchant that's being boarded and the location information.
Note that most of the fields on this page are required and you'll need to fill all of them in. The following fields are not required: Suite#/Floor#, Advertising Methods, Comments for Underwriter, Fax #, Website.
If you omit to fill in a required field, then a warning message will appear when you try to move on to the next step:
Tip: After entering the merchant data in the Corporate Information section, you can copy the name and address fields from that section into the Location Information section using the Copy Corporate Information button:
After all of the required and relevant data is entered, click the Next button to proceed to the next step.
Below is a screenshot of the Corporate Information page:
Step 3. Location Information
In the third step, you will need to enter information into the following six sections (some are optional):
- First Owner (personal data on the principal business owner)
- General Information (merchant's banking and sales volume data)
- Facility Information (info on the merchant's place of business, all fields are optional)
- Credit Card Sales and Refund Policies (info on the sales methods and refund policies, all fields are required)
- Equipment Configuration (optional info on the equipment that the merchant intends to buy or lease)
- Advanced Processing Flags (optional processing flags)
Here are a couple of notes about some of the special fields you'll find in the above sections:
- If there is more than one owner, then after you select the Yes option under the "Second Owner" label an additional section will automatically appear where you can enter the information on the second owner.
- The percentages in the four fields shown under the "% of Credit Card Payments from" and the "Products and Services delivered in" labels must add up to 100%. If the totals do not add up to 100%, then the automatically calculated totals shown below the fields will be shown in red color, and you will not be able to move on to the next step until correcting the percentages.
- When you enter the routing number in the ABA Routing # field, the Bank Name field will auto-populate with the name of the bank.
- To add equipment that will be purchased or leased by the merchant to your application, click on the Add Equipment button, and a popup window will appear which allows you to select the equipment details. You can add multiple types of equipment and models.
- The following fields are optional fields: MI, Owner Email, Ownership Percentage, Driver License Number, Avg Ticket, Highest Ticket.
Below is a screenshot of the Location Information page:
Step 4. Rates & Fees
In the fourth step, you can customize discount rates and fees for each of the four major card types and choose additional services such as PIN-Debit, EBT, and others.
First, select from one of the three available Pricing Formats:
The Enhanced Recover Reduced (ERR) Credit and Debit discount rates are usually in 1.xx to 2.xx range.
The Pass-Through Interchange Credit and Debit discount rates are usually below 1.00 %.
The Tiered Credit and Debit discount rates are usually above 1.00 %.
Depending on what you've selected, the rest of the page will automatically change and show the fields specific to that pricing format.
Note that the different sections of the Rates & Fees page contain accordions which you can expand in order to select additional options or fill in additional information.
Also, when you select some of the options on the page (such as the Additional Services), additional fields and options will appear on the page automatically which you then can fill in.
Once you have entered all the desired data, click Next to proceed to the last step of the application process.
Below is a screenshot of the Rates & Fees page:
Step 5. Submit To First Data Retail
In the last step, you can review your data and make additional edits before submitting.
Scroll through the data via the Review Panel and check that everything is in order. If you come across any fields or sections you would like to edit, you can jump back to the desired section by clicking the button for the applicable page (located at the top of the page).
If you would like to print the page or save it as a PDF, click the Print button and select the desired settings. You can also open a dialog that will allow you to link Users or change the Sales Rep by clicking the Options button.
Below is a screenshot of the final Submit To First Data Retail page:
Once you have verified all data is accurate click Submit For Review, then select the Terms & Conditions checkbox, and finally click Submit Application:
If there is an error blocking the submission, a red text describing the location and specific problem will appear above the Submit Application button:
After correcting the issue, return to the submit page, select the Terms and Conditions checkbox again, and click the Submit Application button.
If there are no additional errors, you will see a message informing you that the application was submitted successfully: