Your CRM Dialer has the ability to use your phone numbers to make and receive calls.
For more information on how to buy a number to use in the CRM please see this article.
To learn more about local presence please see this article.
To port an existing phone number to call in and out of the CRM, download and fill out the Letter of Authorization and send to the CRM Support.
Forwarding of your existing phone number to ring a phone number in the CRM is configured in your current carrier's system and can take up to four weeks to process.
The process includes coordination between our upstream provider and your service provider to transfer the number.
Here are the general steps to port a number:
- Submit the porting request by sending the letter of authorization, a customer service record (CSR), and a copy of the most recent phone bill.
- If everything in Step 1 was done correctly, the porting request is usually approved in 24 hours (the approval time can vary depending on the type of phone number).
- The number is submitted to Carrier Partner. This can take up to 24 hours. The port request is then submitted to the soon-to-be former carrier. During this time, the customer should not close their account with the carrier.
- Carrier Partner reaches out to Losing Carrier. This can take one week to complete.
- The response is received from the carrier. At this point, the request will either be approved or rejected:
- If approved, a date is provided for when the number will be ported.
- If rejected, the customer needs to reach out to the losing carrier to find out what’s needed to move forward. Rejections can occur for a variety of reasons, such as an incorrect PIN for an account, an address or zip code that doesn’t match the current carrier’s record, or a port request made by an unauthorized user on the account.
- Once the porting date has passed the customer can begin using the number from the CRM.