To add a new merchant follow these steps:
1. Open the administration menu and select the Add Merchant option under the Merchants category:
2. The Add New Merchant popup will appear as shown in the below image. You can now fill in the merchant information and select the appropriate Group, Processor, and Data Source:
3. Enter the Days Until Notice (which is how many days must pass after a merchant does its last batch before you will be notified) and the approval date.
4. Select if the merchant is Closed or Active. Active merchants are those that contain recently updated information such as an account approval, transactions, retrievals, chargebacks, statements or are included in residual reports.
5. When finished click Add, and the new merchant will be saved. After the merchant is saved, you can continue to edit additional Merchant settings if needed:
When you create a merchant using the above steps, a new Lead will also be automatically created and linked to the merchant. The lead's information will then be shown in the merchant's Profile tab on the Merchant Details page.
The automatic lead creation is important if the merchant is using a non-integrated processor and no merchant information is provided or available. You can then use the lead (within the Profile tab) to post notes and attach files for the merchant.
New merchants can also be added to your CRM in several other ways. For more information please see our article on How to Add a Merchant.