ISOs frequently receive updated versions of the merchant processing agreements from their processors.
Once a new version of the document is received, the previous E-Signature version of the document can be archived and the new one put in its place.
In this article, we provide the steps for creating a new version of an E-Signature application by copying the PDF fields and mappings from the existing application.
By copying the existing application's setup you can avoid having to create the new application's mappings from scratch.
Here are the steps to set up a new version of your E-Signature application.
1. Open the Manage Applications page from the administration menu (E-Signature > Import PDFs), and download the PDF copy of the current version of the E-Signature application (e.g. App #1):
2. Download the new version of the application from your processor, and then open both the current and new document side by side in Adobe Acrobat, as shown in the below screenshot (in 'Prepare Form' mode):
3. Delete all of the form fields from the new PDF file on the right.
4. Copy all of the fields from the current version of the PDF on the left into the new PDF file on the right, and save your changes.
This will ensure that the new application contains the exact same fields that have already been mapped in the previous version of the app (including the signature fields).
5. Go back to the Manage Application page, add a new application, and upload the new version of the PDF file with the updated form fields:
6. On the new app, click the Mappings button to open the mapping page:
7. Click Settings < Copy Mappings:
9. Select the previous application that was mapped out and click Copy. Optionally select the "Clear previous mapppings" checkbox to clear any mappings that were added manually in the new app:
10. The mapping from the previous application are now copied to the new application and the changes are saved automatically:
11. With the new application setup completed, you can now either delete the previous version of the application or simply modify its access permissions so that it is no longer visible to users:
Note: The new version of the app may have some new fields added to it, or old ones removed. It is recommended to review the new application and then map any new fields as needed.