NMI is a leading unified commerce enablement platform that enables ISOs to add additional value for their merchants.
It serves as a private label payment gateway that provides many additional cutting-edge features to generate new revenue.
IRIS CRM's NMI Gateway Integration empowers your ISO to streamline the merchant onboarding process by boarding merchants to NMI directly from the CRM.
In the past, ISOs would need to board new merchants by entering merchant information into NMI manually. This was a process that took time and could potentially result in costly data entry errors.
By using the NMI gateway integration, ISOs can now board merchants using the information that already exists in the CRM, which means that the onboarding can be completed in under 10 seconds and with zero data entry errors.
Once the NMI integration is enabled in your CRM, a new ticket type called "NMI – Create Gateway Account" will be added automatically to the CRM's Helpdesk. You can use this ticket to board merchants to NMI either from the Helpdesk or the Merchant Details page in the CRM.
The ticket comes with all of the options you need to set up pricing for your new NMI gateway accounts on the fly, and to enable powerful value-added services to help merchants gain access to new features while helping ISOs grow.
The NMI integration currently supports Chase Paymentech Tampa, Elavon, First Data Nashville, First Data Omaha, TSYS, and Worldpay networks.
Additional processors will also be added based on demand.
Enabling IRIS CRM’s NMI Boarding Integration
To configure the integration, take the following steps:
1. Log in to your NMI gateway account and note the login URL which should be in the following format: https://yourcompany.transactiongateway.com/resellers
2. Generate your API Key by navigating to Settings > Security Keys:
Enter a Key Name, select your user and the 'V4 API' permission, and click Create a New Key:
Your key is now generated and you can find it in the list of the current security keys.
Click the Copy link next to the key to copy your key to clipboard:
3. Back in IRIS CRM, navigate to Manage > Administration > Integrations and click on the NMI option (or simply search for 'NMI' in the search box on top of the Administration page):
4. The New Account page is now shown where you can enter the credentials for your new account.
Note that you can enable multiple reseller accounts if needed.
Enter the name of your new account including the reseller login URL and the API key. If you're adding multiple accounts and this will be your default account, then select the "Is Default" checkbox.
Once you're done, click the Test API Key button:
5. If the entered credentials were correct a confirmation message is shown in the top-right corner.
You can now click the Create New Account button to add the new account:
The new account is now been created and shown in the NMI Reseller Account dropdown.
If needed you can update and save the account credentials or delete the account using the buttons below the account credentials:
6. To add an additional account, click the Add New Reseller Account button and repeat the steps for adding the new account:
Once the additional account is added it will be shown in the NMI Reseller Account dropdown which you can now use to switch between different accounts:
Managing NMI Integration Settings
To manage the settings for an enabled NMI reseller account, select that account in the NMI Reseller Account dropdown and scroll down the page to edit its settings.
The settings are grouped under three sections including:
- Merchant Required Fields
- Default Sub-Affiliate Plans, Fees, and Services
- Advanced Merchant Features
Merchant Required Fields
Use the Merchant Required Fields section to select the customer data that will be required by default for the transactions they process.
All of the options you would normally see in your Affiliate Portal can be selected including name, address, driver’s license, SSN, and CVV requirements:
Once you've made your selections click the Save Required Fields button to save your preferences.
Default Sub-Affiliate Plans, Fees, and Services
One of the most exciting parts of the NMI boarding integration is setting an existing sub-affiliate plan, including its associated fees, as the default to use when boarding a new merchant.
Additionally, you can select the default services to include such as invoicing, iSpyFraud, mobile payments, and more:
If your existing plans and fee schedules don’t align with your needs, you can create a custom fee schedule right from IRIS CRM to be used as the default:
After you complete your setup click on the Save Defaults button to save your changes.
Advanced Merchant Features
After selecting the merchant’s required fields and default fees and services, it is also possible to select which advanced merchant features to enable by default when boarding merchants.
By setting these up, you’ll be able to save your staff time from having to go into NMI after boarding and updating them to your desired values:
After you've selected the features you wish to enable click the Save Features button at the bottom to save your changes.
Boarding Merchants to NMI in 2 Steps
Once your NMI integration is enabled, you can begin boarding merchants in two easy steps:
- Step 1: Create a New Ticket and Review/Edit Merchant Details
- Step 2: Review/Edit Processing Info and Create the New Account
Step 1: Create a New Ticket and Review/Edit Merchant Details
To create a new NMI ticket open your merchant and click Add New Ticket under the Tickets tab:
Select the "NMI - Create Gateway Account" ticket type and hit the Create Ticket button:
A new ticket is now created and automatically populated with the merchant demographic information that is stored under the Account Status tab of the Merchant Details page.
Verify and/or edit the information, and once you're done click Next to move on to step two:
Note: You can also create a new NMI Gateway ticket from the Helpdesk page by selecting the "NMI - Create Gateway Account" ticket type and searching for the merchant in the search box:
Step 2: Review/Edit Processing Info and Create the New Account
Within the Processing Info tab, you are able to set the Transaction Thresholds, Fees & Services, and enter your VAR Sheet information into the Merchant Processing Information section. Getting the information correctly in this step is crucial to a swift merchant boarding process.
Once you've reviewed and/or edited the processing information, click Create and the merchant will be instantly boarded. Also an NMI gateway ID will be issued, and the merchant will receive an activation email within a few seconds:
Below is a screenshot of the confirmation message that appears upon a successful account activation:
Finally, here is a short description of the three sections on the Processing Info tab:
- Transactions: In this section you can add settings that will help prevent fraud, including a max transaction amount, max monthly transaction volume, duplicate checking, and the payment types that the merchant will accept.
- Fees & Services: In this section you can choose the sub-affiliate plan and fee schedule which will update the fees accordingly in the Merchant Processing section. You can also select Value Added Services such as Customer Vault, iSpyFraud, and others.
- Merchant Processing Information: In this section you can select the processor and enter the SIC/MCC, business description, transaction acceptance method, and your VAR Sheet information provided by the processing network.
NMI Value-Added Products & Services
Now that you know how to board merchants directly from IRIS CRM to NMI using your NMI Reseller Boarding API credentials, it’s important to learn about the value-added services that can also be enabled at the time of onboarding.
These include the Customer Vault, Invoicing, Mobile Payments, Encrypted Devices, Enhanced Data (Level III), iSpyFraud, QuickBooks SyncPay, and Payer Authentication.
Click here to learn more about each of these value-added features and services.