If using a custom domain or sub-domain to access your CRM site, it is recommended to get an SSL certificate to encrypt the information. This is easily done as IRIS utilizes the Let's Encrypt certificate authority to provide you with free SSL encryption. This will be enabled automatically when you contact Support to add your domain or sub-domain for use as your IRIS site's address.
If you already have a Wildcard SSL certificate for your domain (ex. https://*.123merchantservices.com) and are using a sub-domain from it (ex. https://sales.123merchantservices.com) to get to your IRIS CRM site, you'll take the following steps to set it up:
- Request a CSR from CRM Support. Be sure to mention that you have a wildcard SSL and the applicable domain and sub-domain.
- Support will provide you with the CSR.
- Your SSL vendor will have you download the certificate from their site. As part of the process, you will copy and paste the CSR received from the Support. Be sure to include all text and dashes from the CSR. If the SSL vendor asks what server type is being used, choose the Apache option.
- The SSL certificate is typically a ZIP file that contains multiple files. Send that to CRM Support for installation on your site's server.
- Once installed, your site will show "https" instead of "http" at the beginning of the address, indicating a secure website.