When a new Helpdesk ticket is created, the user creating the ticket must also select the ticket type.
Based on which ticket type is selected, the CRM automatically applies the permissions, auto-assign rules, checklists, and other settings for that ticket type.
Your CRM enables you to create your own ticket types to suit your specific needs.
Adding a New Helpdesk Ticket Type
To add a new ticket type open the Manage Ticket Types page (Manage > Administration > Helpdesk > Ticket Types) and click on the Add a New Type button in the top-right corner:
A popup window will appear where you can configure the settings of your new ticket type:
Here is a short description of each setting:
- Name — The name of the ticket type that will be shown in the Type dropdown on new tickets.
- Status — Select Active or Inactive. If set to Inactive, users will no longer be able to create tickets with this type. Tickets that were created with this type in the past will still be visible.
- Default Priority — Normal, Medium, or Rush.
- Additional Information — Add a short explanation to inform the user on the purpose of the ticket and how to properly complete it
- Days to Resolve — Enter the number of days that the ticket should be resolved in, and if needed select the checkbox to the right to count only business days. The CRM will then email the assigned user a list of tickets in the morning before the tickets are due. The CRM will also email users a list of tickets that are past due until the ticket has been closed.
- Permissions — Select the User Classes that will be allowed to create and view tickets belonging to this ticket type.
- Auto Assign User (every time) — Select the users who will be assigned to all tickets of this type.
- Auto Assign User (round-robin) — Select users who will be assigned to the ticket using the round-robin method.
- Auto Assign User Class (every time) — Select user classes that will be assigned to all tickets of this type (all users in the selected class will be assigned).
- Auto Assign User Class (round-robin) — Select user classes that will be assigned to the ticket using the round-robin method (all users in the selected class will be assigned).
- Checklist — Add a checklist to give step-by-step instructions and include files necessary to complete the ticket. The users will need to check off each item in the checklist before the ticket can be resolved (see the last section below for more info).
When finished, click Add on the popup and the new ticket type will be created.
Existing ticket types can always be updated or deleted using the action buttons shown on the Manage Ticket Types page:
Editing Helpdesk Ticket Types
To edit a ticket type click the Edit button in the Action column for the type you wish to modify:
The Edit dialog will appear where you can update the settings and save your changes:
Updating Auto Assign Rules
To update the auto assign rules for a ticket type click the Auto Assign button on that ticket type::
A popup window will appear where you can update the auto assign rules and save the changes:
Adding A Checklist
A ticket checklist consists of one or more checklist items that need to be completed by the user in order to resolve the ticket.
A checklist can also show supporting files that users can download, and require the user to enter a comment on a checklist item in order to progress the ticket.
To add a new checklist item to a ticket click on the Add New List Item button.
Then add the item description, upload a supporting file (optional), and select the ticket creation and item completion settings on the right (optional):
Here are the descriptions of the item settings:
- Comment Required to Create Ticket — Select this setting if you want the user to type a comment in the item before they are able to create the ticket.
- Comment Required to Complete Item — Select this setting if you want the user to type a comment on the item resolution each time.
- Item Required to Create Ticket — Select this setting if you want the user to perform a specific action before the new ticket is created. The user will need to perform the action described in the item and then check the item off (the Add Ticket button will be greyed out until the item is checked off).
- File Required to Complete Item — Select this setting if you want the user to upload a file to the ticket item according to the instructions in the item description. The user will only be able to check the item off after the file has been uploaded.
More Info: Creating And Updating Helpdesk Tickets
The ticket items can be reordered by dragging and dropping items into a new position in the checklist: