Your CRM provides you with the option of using your own domain to access the CRM site (or even multiple domains).
For example, if your public website is www.myisosite.com, you could make your CRM site work from http://portal.myisosite.com. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your domain hosting website, which could be GoDaddy, HostGator, or something else.
- Open the DNS settings for your public website (for example "myisosite.com")
- Add a DNS record with the following info:
- Type: CNAME
- Value: The subdomain to create on your domain (for example "portal" which would create the site: portal.myisosite.com). If you are using a new domain for the CRM (for example www.mypage.com) the value will be "www".
- Points To: <clientsite>.iriscrm.com (replace <clientsite> with your CRM subdomain)
- TTL: 1 hour / 3600
After creating the record, be sure to click Save in your DNS settings. The domain hosting provider will then complete the changes, sometimes immediately.
Notify the CRM Support of the sub-domain so it can be registered as an approved domain for accessing the CRM.
After completing the above steps, navigate to the sub-domain you created and if it shows your CRM login page, then your domain has been successfully configured.
Note: If your custom domain is set up as "www.mypage.com", and you want to direct "mypage.com" to the CRM also, add two A-type DNS records that point "mypage.com" to "126.96.36.199" and "188.8.131.52".
For information on getting SSL for your custom domain, see this article.
Adding Your Logo
You can set up your CRM's page header to show a different company logo for each of your domains.
To insert the company logo open the Manage Site Domains page by navigating to Manage > Administration > Branding > Logos & Domains.
The page shows a list of domains from which you can access IRIS CRM.
If you don't have any domains set up on the page, begin by clicking on the Add New Domain & Logo button. Otherwise, click on the Edit button for the domain that you wish to add the logo to:
The Edit Domain & Logo popup now appears where you can configure your domain and logo settings:
Here is a description of the various settings:
- Site Title: Enter a site title that will be displayed in the browser tab (eg. your company name).
- Domain Address: Enter the domain name from which this IRIS CRM site will be accessed. This can be your site URL (such as <clientsite>.iriscrm.com) or a custom domain. Use the Test Domain button to make sure the domain is reachable, or click the Open Domain button to open the domain in a new tab.
- Logo: Upload your company logo. The maximum allowed dimensions are 1002x65px. If your logo is narrower than 1002px, make sure that the logo has a white background.
- New UI Logo: This is the logo which will be shown in the newly redesigned IRIS CRM UI.
- Favicon: Upload your site favicon image. Allowed image sizes are 16x16, 32x32, and 64x64px.
- Use Primary Group Branding: Select this option if you want to display the user's primary group logo instead of the main logo that you uploaded for this domain.
- Apply to Groups: Select the groups that can use this domain as the Default Website Address in their group settings. If you select specific groups here, then the remaining groups that you did not select will not see this domain in the Default Website Address dropdown in the group settings.
After you finish editing your settings, click Submit Changes, and refresh the page to see your new logo in the page header.