Below are the steps to configure the Elavon Reporting Integration which provides daily transactions, chargebacks, account info, and statements. There are two connections used: PaymentsCore 365 and PulsePoint. You may use either tool as a data source to retrieve transaction reporting, but each tool has the capabilities to retrieve additional information, so it is recommended to have both connected to IRIS for maximum data coverage of Elavon merchant accounts.
Here's what each retrieves, with the unique items in bold:
PaymentsCore 365: Batches and transactions, excluding Amex ESA, merchant transaction fees and auth codes (non-Amex), and chargebacks.
PulsePoint: Batches and transactions, merchant demographics including equipment and PCI, application underwriting statuses (shown in TurboApp), newly approved merchant imports (checked hourly), and PDF merchant statements.
1. Request Elavon to enable your PaymentsCore 365 reporting. As per Elavon, the reports are enabled on the 23rd of each month. Here is a quick template you can copy/paste and send to your relationship manager:
We designate IRIS CRM as our software provider and would like to request PaymentsCore 365 reporting to be enabled for our portfolio.
Elavon will provide a form to complete. A sample of this, minus the ISO's info, is provided here.
2. In PulsePoint, sign in as an Admin and go to Profile, then the API tab. There you can generate the API Key and see the App ID, as pictured here:
3. Take those two items (along with the PaymentsCore 365 Login received from Step 1) and go to Manage > Administration > Processors > Processor Settings and add them to a Datasource for the Elavon processor.
Ensure the PaymentsCore 365 Login has two leading zeroes (e.g. 004567). If the data source is already created, click Edit Datasource:
If the datasource is not yet created, click Assign Datasource:
Note: if using both PaymentsCore 265 and PulsePoint, select the proper option for Sub Type, otherwise select the matching option:
3. Add the following items to the Manage Scheduled Tasks page:
- Elavon - Applications List (API): 12 am then once per hour (this will also automatically run Merchants List if new confirmed application are found)
- Elavon - Merchants List (API): once per day at 3 pm
- Elavon - Statements (API): 5 tasks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, the 5th day of each month at 9 am
- Elavon - Import Batches and Transactions (API): hourly starting at 8 am transactions are available a full day after posting, e.g batches from 1/25 will show on 1/27)
- Elavon - Import Chargebacks, Update Transactions: daily at 8:30am
Viewing Daily Batches With Transactions
To view the daily batches with transactions go to the Merchant Details page and click on the Deposits tab:
By clicking on any of the batches in the Daily Deposits report, you can drill further into a batch and view reports on individual transactions:
Use the Search box in the top-right corner of the report to locate a specific transaction faster. If needed, you can also export the report to Excel or CSV format using the "Export" button found to the left of the Search field.
Merchant Account Status
Your merchant’s account status information is retrieved from Elavon and made available on the Merchant Details page under the Account Status tab. Within the tab, there are several accordions which you can expand.
The first accordion shows the general merchant information:
To view the merchant’s address information, expand the Address accordion:
The merchant’s basic business information is available in the Merchant Information accordion:
The next accordion shows some of the Elavon-specific information:
In the Terminals accordion which comes next, you can view the list of the merchant’s terminals. Use the provided Search box to find a specific terminal on the list faster:
Finally, the PCI Compliance accordion allows you to view the merchant’s current PCI status:
To view statements retrieved from Elavon, open the Statements tab on the Merchant Details page. You will see a list of statements for each month and you can download each statement by clicking the "Open" link: