ISOs frequently receive updated versions of the merchant processing agreements from their processors.
Once a new version of the document is received, the previous E-Signature version of the document can be archived and the new one put in its place.
In this article, we provide the steps for creating a new version of an E-Signature application by copying the PDF fields and mappings from the previous version of the application.
By copying the existing application's setup you can avoid having to create the new application's mappings from scratch.
Here are the steps to set up a new version of your E-Signature application.
1. Open the Manage Applications page by navigating to Manage > Administration > E-Signature > Import PDFs, and download the PDF copy of the current version of the E-Signature application:
2. Download the new version of the application, and then open both files side by side in Adobe Acrobat as shown in the below screenshot (in Prepare Form mode):
3. Delete all of the form fields from the new PDF file on the right.
4. Copy all of the fields from the previous version of the PDF on the left into the new PDF file on the right, and save your changes.
This will ensure that the new app has the exact same fields that have already been mapped in the previous version of the app (including the signature fields).
5. Go back to the Manage Application page, add a new application, and upload the new version of the PDF file with the updated form fields:
6. On the new app, click the Mappings button and copy the mappings from the previous version of the app:
Note that the mappings are now copied in the new application:
7. With the setup of the new version completed, you can now either delete the previous version of the application or simply modify its access permissions so that it is not visible to all users:
- The new version of the app may have some new fields added to it, or some of the previously used fields may have been removed. It is recommended to review the new application and then map any new fields as needed.
- Once the new version of the application is set up, it is recommended to generate an app from a test lead to ensure that the PDF fields are populated correctly with the lead data.