The TurboApp allows the CRM users to seamlessly board new merchants directly to the First Data North processor. To set up the integration, please see this article: First Data North Integration Guide.
You can start a new application from the TurboApp menu on the top navigation bar, or by clicking the Board Merchant button on the lead.
When you're starting a new application from the top navigation bar, you will need to enter all of the information and settings manually.
When you're boarding a merchant from a lead, then the lead field info will automatically populate into the TurboApp fields, based on the TurboApp field mappings.
Starting the TurboApp
To start a new and empty TurboApp application, navigate to TurboApp > New Application in the top navigation bar.
The New Application page will open as shown in the below example:
Select the appropriate options in the initial drop-down menus and click the Start Application button.
Note: If you have multiple processor integrations enabled, then make sure to select First Data North in the first drop-down menu on the page.
The application process consists of several steps which take about 5 minutes to complete.
If needed, you can also save your application partially, and then come back to work on it later (using the Incomplete Apps button at the top of the page).
To start the TurboApp from the lead, click on the Board Merchant button in the Actions widget on the right side of the page:
Step 1. Upload Files
In the first step of the application process, you will need to upload your Merchant Processing Agreement, a Void Check, and your Confirmation Page to the TurboApp.
If the last two items are included in the Merchant Processing Agreement, then you may only upload the first file (and select the Check is included with Application and the Page is included with Application checkboxes).
If needed, you may also upload additional supporting documents. Once all required documents have been selected, click the Upload Files button.
After the files have been uploaded the application will move on to the second step.
Below is a screenshot of the Upload Files page:
Step 2. Corporate Information
In the second step, you'll need to enter the hierarchy info, the merchant's corporate and location info, and the shipping info.
Note that most of the fields on this page are required and you'll need to fill all of them in.
If you omit to fill in a required field, then a warning message will appear when you try to move on to the next step:
Tip: After entering the merchant data in the Corporate Information section, you can copy the name and address fields from that section into the Location Information section using the Copy Corporate Information button:
After all of the required and relevant data is entered, click the Next button to proceed to the next step.
Below is a screenshot of the Corporate Information page:
Step 3. Location Information
In the third step, you will need to enter information into the following six sections (some are optional):
- First Owner (personal data on the principal business owner)
- General Information (merchant's sales data)
- Settlement Information (merchant's bank information)
- Facility Information (info on the merchant's place of business, all fields are optional)
- Credit Card Sales and Refund Policies (info on the sales methods and refund policies, all fields are required)
- Processing Network (select the preferred front-end network)
- Equipment Configuration (optional info on the equipment that the merchant intends to buy or lease)
- Advanced Processing Flags (optional processing flags)
Here are a couple of notes about some of the special fields you'll find in the above sections:
- If there is more than one owner, then after you select the Yes option under the "Second Owner" label an additional section will automatically appear where you can enter the information on the second owner.
- The percentages in the four fields shown under the "% of Credit Card Payments from" and the "Products and Services delivered in" labels must add up to 100%. If the totals do not add up to 100%, then the automatically calculated totals shown below the fields will be shown in red color, and you will not be able to move on to the next step until correcting the percentages.
- When you enter the routing number in the ABA Routing # field, the Bank Name field will auto-populate with the name of the bank.
- To add equipment that will be purchased or leased by the merchant to your application, click on the Add Equipment button, and a popup window will appear which allows you to select the equipment details. You can add multiple types of equipment and models.
- The following fields are optional fields: MI, Owner Email, Ownership Percentage, Driver License Number, Avg Ticket, Highest Ticket.
Below is a screenshot of the Location Information page:
Step 4. Rates & Fees
In the fourth step, you can customize discount rates and fees for each of the four major card types and choose additional services such as PIN-Debit, EBT, and others.
First, select from one of the three available Pricing Formats:
The Pass-Through Interchange Credit and Debit discount rates are usually below 1.00 %.
The Tiered Credit and Debit discount rates are usually above 1.00 %.
The Flat Rate Credit and Debit Discount Rates are usually around 2.75 %.
After you make your selection the rest of the page will automatically show the fields that are specific to the selected pricing format.
Note that the different sections of the Rates & Fees page contain accordions which you can expand in order to select additional options or fill in additional information.
Also, when you select some of the options on the page (such as the Additional Services), additional fields and options will appear which you can fill in.
After you have entered the pricing information click Next to proceed to the last step of the application process.
Below is a screenshot of the Rates & Fees page:
Step 5. Submit To First Data North
In the last step, you can review your data and make additional edits before submitting.
Scroll through the data via the Review Panel and check that everything is in order.
If you would like to print the page or save it as a PDF, click the Print button and select the desired settings. You can also open a dialog that will allow you to link Users or change the Sales Rep by clicking the Options button.
Below is a screenshot of the final Submit To First Data North page:
To submit your application click Submit For Review, then select the Terms & Conditions checkbox, and finally click Submit Application:
If there is an error blocking the submission, a red text describing the location and specific problem will appear above the Submit Application button:
After correcting the issue, return to the submit page and send the application again.
If there are no additional errors, you will see a message informing you that the application was submitted successfully: