The Open API provides numerous functions to access or to update your CRM lead and merchant data using simple REST calls.
You can use the Lead API to:
- Get a list of leads with field data, notes, appointments, tasks, users and, documents
- Get a list of available campaigns, groups, sources, and statuses
- Create a new lead, lead note, task, or an appointment
- Assign and un-assign users to a lead
- Upload or download documents
- Update field data, status, campaign, group, and source
- Generate an e-signature application and get a list of available apps
You can use the Merchant API to:
- Get daily merchant deposits and transactions
- Get daily chargebacks and retrievals
- Get monthly merchant PDF statements
- Get a list of merchants by demographics such as processor or group
- Get merchant demographic profile information using the merchant id
- Make updates to merchant profiles in real-time
Authenticating Your Account
When you send an API request, you will need to include an API token in your request in order to authenticate your account.
The tokens are generated in the CRM by each user individually, and each user may create one or more tokens.
To generate a new API Token, open your user settings page by clicking on your username in the top-right corner, and clicking on the Settings link.
Then open the API Settings tab, click Create New API Token, configure your token’s settings as needed, and click Add New Token:
Your new token will now be created and displayed in a popup window:
Once the token is created, it will be shown in the list of available API Tokens where you can copy the token, update its settings, or delete it once it’s no longer needed:
Note: The created tokens will inherit the user’s permissions to assigned merchants, leads, groups and processors.
Also please bear in mind that the API Tokens should not be shared in publicly accessible areas, client-side code, and so forth.
Using the Merchant API
Instructions for using the API are available at https://www.iriscrm.com/api/ and also on your CRM site.
To access the API documentation on your site, enter the following URL in your address bar while replacing yourdomain with your actual domain: https://www.yourdomain.iriscrm.com/api/
Authentication to the API is performed via X-API-KEY header. Requests not properly authenticated will return a 401 error code.
Note that all requests should be made over SSL. All request and response bodies, including errors, are encoded in JSON.
The API returns standard HTTP success or error status codes. In case of errors, additional information about what went wrong will be encoded in the response as JSON.
By default, you can make 120 requests per minute. Check the returned HTTP headers of any API request to see your current rate limit status.