The Open API provides numerous functions to access or to update your CRM lead and merchant data using REST calls.
You can use the Lead API to:
- Get a list of leads with field data, notes, appointments, tasks, users and, documents
- Get a list of available campaigns, groups, sources, and statuses
- Create a new lead, lead note, task, or an appointment
- Assign and un-assign users to a lead
- Upload or download documents
- Update field data, status, campaign, group, and source
- Generate an e-signature application and get a list of available apps
You can use the Merchant API to:
- Get daily merchant deposits and transactions
- Get daily chargebacks and retrievals
- Get monthly merchant PDF statements
- Get a list of merchants by demographics such as processor or group
- Get merchant demographic profile information using the merchant id
- Make updates to merchant profiles in real-time
Authenticating Your Account
Your API requests need to include an API token in order to authenticate your account.
The tokens are generated in the CRM by each user individually. Users may create one or more tokens.
To generate a new API Token, open your user settings page by clicking on your username in the top-right corner, and clicking on the Settings link.
On your user settings page open the API Settings tab and click Create New API Token.
In the popup which appears enter a name for your token, if needed add IP restrictions, and click Add New Token:
Your new token is now generated and displayed in a popup window:
Once the token is created, it is shown in the list of available API Tokens where you can copy the token, update its settings, or delete it once it’s no longer needed:
Note: The created tokens will inherit the user’s permissions to assigned merchants, leads, groups and processors. The API Tokens should not be shared in publicly accessible areas or client-side code.
Using the Merchant API
Instructions for using the API are available at https://www.iriscrm.com/api/ and also on your CRM site.
To access the API documentation on your site, enter the following URL in your address bar while replacing yourdomain with your actual domain: https://www.yourdomain.iriscrm.com/api/
Authentication to the API is performed via X-API-KEY header. Requests not properly authenticated will return a 401 error code.
All requests should be made over SSL. The request and response strings, including errors, are encoded in JSON.
The API returns the standard HTTP success or error status codes. In case of errors, additional information about what went wrong is encoded in the response as JSON.
By default, you can make 120 requests per minute. Check the returned HTTP headers of any API request to see your current rate limit status.
Retrieving Lead Field IDs
The Lead API is commonly used to update specific lead field values or to get their values to use them in other processes.
In order to interact with a lead field via the API you will need to know the field's ID. You can find the field's ID in the lead page HTML source.
In Chrome, open any lead, right-click on the label for the field you wish to inspect, and click Inspect:
The page's HTML source is now displayed in the HTML inspector pane and the selected label is highlighted.
The field's ID is the number that follows the "lf_" prefix. In the example below, the ID of the Company Name field is 452:
You can also retrieve a list of all lead field IDs using the /leads/fields GET request: