If using a custom domain or sub-domain to access your IRIS site, it is recommended to get an SSL certificate to encrypt the information. Here are the steps to set it up:
- Request a CSR from IRIS CRM Support.
- While awaiting the CSR, begin the purchase process with an SSL vendor, such as https://www.ssls.com.
- The SSL vendor will verify your company and ownership of the domain you're buying the certificate for.
- Once the verification is complete, the SSL vendor will have you download the certificate from their site. As part of the process, you will copy and paste the CSR received from IRIS CRM Support. Be sure to include all text and dashes from the CSR. If the SSL vendor asks what server type is being used, choose the Apache option.
- The SSL certificate is typically a ZIP file that contains multiple files. Send that to IRIS CRM Support for installation on your site's server.
- Once installed, your site will show "https" instead of "http" at the beginning of the address, indicating a secure website.