Sometimes, leads need to be deleted from the system if they are incorrect or outdated. Leads may be deleted by Advanced and Admin-type users by taking the following steps.
Using the Dupe Checker
- Go to Tools > Dupe Checker, and enter any needed search options and click Search.
- Click Delete next to the lead that should removed.
Using Manage Unassigned Leads
Step 1 Before you may delete leads, they need to be unassigned from any users.
- To unassign a single lead from a user or users:
- Navigate to the lead.
- Click on the red icon next to the user(s):
- To unassign many leads from a user or users:
- Navigate to Leads > My Leads and select the status state that contains the leads that you wish to delete.
- Click the Manage Leads Button.
- In the Actions for Selected Leads area, click the Unassign Leads from: All Users radio button.
- Select the leads that you wish to unassign from users and click Continue.
Step 2 Now that the leads are unassigned, navigate to Leads > Manage Unassigned Leads enter any needed options and click Search.
Leads that are not assigned to users appear in this list and may be deleted one-by-one by clicking their Delete button or by selecting the checkbox of multiple leads and clicking Mass Actions, then choosing Delete Selected Leads in the pop-up.
Admin-type users may go to Manage > Administration > Logs > Deleted Leads to see a log of deleted leads and restore them if needed.