Your CRM provides Advanced users and Administrator users with two ways of deleting duplicate or incorrect leads — by using the Dupe Checker or by using the Manage Unassigned Leads feature.
You may also delete individual leads by clicking the Delete button in the Actions widget on the lead:
Deleting Leads Using the Dupe Checker
Here are the steps to delete duplicate leads from your system using the Dupe Checker:
1. Go to Tools > Dupe Checker, select the filters to be used for finding duplicates, and click Search:
2. The duplicate records will now be shown on the left side of the page and you can delete leads individually by clicking the Delete buttons:
3. Alternatively, you may also select multiple leads and delete them (or change their status) all in one go, using the options which will appear just below the lead filters:
Deleting Leads Using the Manage Unassigned Leads Feature
To delete multiple leads from your system, you will first need to un-assign users from all such leads.
To un-assign users from a single lead, navigate to the lead and click on the Delete icons for each user in the Assigned Users widget shown on the right side of the page:
To un-assign users from multiple leads, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Leads > My Leads, expand the accordion for the status state that contains the leads that you wish to delete, and click Manage Leads:
2. In the next step, select the leads that you wish to un-assign from users, select the All Users option, and click Continue:
3. You will now be asked to confirm the action, and after you do, the users will be un-assigned from each lead and you will see a confirmation message:
Once you have un-assigned users from your leads, navigate to Leads > Manage Unassigned Leads, select additional filters if needed, and click Search:
Note: If you don't select any filters in the previous step, then your search will return ALL un-assigned leads.
The un-assigned leads will now be shown in a report and you may delete them one-by-one (using the Delete buttons) or you can also delete leads in bulk:
To delete leads in bulk, select the required leads, click Mass Actions, and click Delete Selected Leads:
Note: Admin-type users may restore leads within 30 days of being deleted, after which the deleted leads will be removed permanently.
For more info please see our article on Deleted Leads.