Your CRM provides you with the option of using your own domain to access the CRM site.
For example, if your public website is www.myisosite.com, you could make your CRM site work from http://portal.myisosite.com. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your domain hosting website, which could be GoDaddy, HostGator, or something else.
- Open the DNS settings for your public website (for example "myisosite.com")
- Add a DNS record with the following info:
- Type: CNAME
- Value: The subdomain to create on your domain (for example "portal" which would create the site: portal.myisosite.com). If you are using a new domain for the CRM (for example www.mypage.com) the value will be "www".
- Points To: <clientsite>.iriscrm.com (replace <clientsite> with your CRM subdomain)
- TTL: 1 hour / 3600
After creating the record, be sure to click Save in your DNS settings. The domain hosting provider will then complete the changes, sometimes immediately.
Notify the CRM Support of the sub-domain so it can be registered as an approved domain for accessing the CRM.
After completing the above steps, navigate to the sub-domain you created and if it shows your CRM login page, then your domain has been successfully configured.
Note: If your custom domain is set up as "www.mypage.com", and you want to direct "mypage.com" to the CRM also, add two A-type DNS records that point "mypage.com" to "18.104.22.168" and "22.214.171.124".
For information on getting SSL for your custom domain, see this article.