The IRIS CRM Proposal Generator puts the power to provide clear and detailed proposals for your merchants, in your agent's hands!
Proposals may be created either directly from the lead, or by navigating to the Proposal Generator from the Navigation Bar.
To create a proposal from the lead, take the following steps:
- Navigate to the desired lead.
- Click the "Create New Proposal" button:
- Follow the steps to fill in the necessary information
- Pick a pricing plan comparison Type:
Tiered Pricing is a merchant services pricing plan usually comprised off of a Qualified / Mid-Qualified / Non-Qualified framework, although with the potential to have many more tiers at the processors’ discretion.
Tiered to Interchange: Exact
This is used when a merchant is currently on ERR (Enhanced Reduced Recovery: qualified rate and non-qualified surcharges assessed over Interchange categories), with the interchange downgrades outlined, and you are switching them to Interchange Plus pricing.
Tiered to Interchange: Estimated
This is used when you are moving a merchant from Tiered to Interchange Plus. The generator can estimate the approximate interchange cost equivalent for that tier to assist in creating a 1:1 comparison.
- Fill in or update any Merchant information:
- Begin entering in the Volume, Current Rate, and Proposed Rates for each of the card types:
- Fill in any standard fees if applicable:
- Enter any additional fees if needed:
- As the proposal is being completed, the Proposal Review area on the right will update the savings calculation with each line item, including the current and proposed effective rates. Here you can also select the document template that your proposal will be generated with:
- In the preview, the far right column shows estimated profit based on the amounts entered. It's calculations are below. To disable this Profit column, contact Support.
- Debit & Credit: Volume * ((Proposed Rate - 0.01) / 100)
- Transactions: # * (Proposed Rate - 0.045)
- Statement Fee: Proposed Fee - 7.50
- Batch Fee: # * (Proposed Fee - 0.05)|
- Amex Transaction Fee: # * (Proposed Fee - 0.05)
- Pin Debit Transaction Fee: # * (Proposed Fee - 0.06) [only shows in Total Profit]
- Customer Service Fee (Step 7): no calculation
- PCI Fee (Step 7): no calculation
- TIN Fee (Step 7): no calculation
- Misc Fees (Step 8): no calculation
Note: the Profit will never show in the generated proposal file.
- Once all the information has been entered, click Save and Generate Proposal. The generated proposal document will download to your computer.
- The proposal document will display a table of the fees that were entered, as well as the new proposed fees and associated savings.
- You may edit this document further, or email it to your prospect.
- The generated proposal is now on the lead as an attachment.
- Should this proposal need to be edited, you may open and continue working on it by clicking the View link from the Proposal Area on the lead.
To create the proposal without starting from a lead, take the following steps:
- Go to Tools > Proposal Generator.
- Follow the steps to fill in the necessary information.
- Pick a pricing plan comparison Type.
- Fill in the Merchant information. If there is a lead in the system, you may search for and link to the lead from this area. If there isn't a corresponding lead, you may create one quickly.
- Follow steps 6 - 12 as above.
- If you have linked this proposal to a lead either via the search, or by creating a lead, the generated proposal will be attached to the corresponding lead.