Being able to manage your sales team effectively is the key to increasing productivity and keeping your sales reps on top of their game. Your CRM will provide you with all the tools you need in order to make this happen, including extensive CRM customization options, campaign management, user management, and reporting.
In this article, we provide an overview of the primary CRM features and functionalities that you as a Sales Manager will typically be using in your daily work processes.
We also recommend that you read our Getting Started Guide for Sales Reps article in order to understand how your sales reps are using the CRM, as well as to learn more about lead and merchant account management.
Continue reading to learn how to:
- Manage Leads
- Review Calendar Events
- View System As Another User
- Use TurboApp
- Use Tools and Reports
- View Residuals
- Use and Manage the Helpdesk
- Manage Documents
- Manage Your Workflows
Use the options in the Leads drop-down menu to manage existing leads, or click on the New Lead option to create a new lead:
Here is a quick description of the available options with links to related articles:
- My Leads - Assign or un-assign leads to users or groups, change lead status states and manage lead sources campaigns. Mass actions can be performed to save you time when dealing with leads in bulk!
- Sales Metrics - View KPIs in real time for how your sales team is progressing their leads. Track communications, appointments, new accounts, and more.
- Appointment Board - View a weekly report on your agents' appointment activity and stats.
- Manage Unassigned Leads - Filter your unassigned leads using different criteria (such as the lead source, campaign, status) and then perform mass actions on the filtered leads such as assigning the leads to users, changing the lead status states etc.
- Lead Importer - Mass upload your lead database from a CSV file.
View System As Another User
The View As feature provides you with a unique ability to view the CRM system in exactly the same way as it appears to another particular user or a user class:
With this feature, sales managers can quickly diagnose issues with lead and merchant views for their agents. For more information on the View As feature please see our article on Using "View As" To Sign In As Another User.
Review Calendar Events
Manage your team's activity easily using the built-in Calendar:
For more information on using the the CRM Calendar please see our article on Calendar Events.
Through TurboApp, ISOs board accounts to one or multiple integrated processors including First Data, Vantiv, iPayment and others:
By using the Adobe Sign eSignature integration feature, the information on a new merchant is automatically imported to the lead record, resulting in an accurate and complete record.
Once imported, the boarding team can simply click the Board Merchant button on the lead record after which all of the merchant information transfers to TurboApp.
A merchant can then be submitted to any of the supported processors directly from the CRM site. The TurboApp removes the need to log into the different processor tools and re-key the information that has already been collected.
Once the application has been processed the ISO will be notified about underwriting status. Finally, the correct sales reps are automatically linked to the merchant for residual income calculation.
Using Tools and Reports
Your CRM provides several tools and reports that can be used out-of-the-box from the Tools menu:
Here is a quick description of the available Tools options:
- Portfolio Activity - Track your top performing accounts along with a breakdown by card type volume and a graph showing new and closed accounts per month.
- Deposit Exceptions - Keep track of important events that occur on merchant accounts which may warrant a contact to the merchant or further attention.
- MerchantTracker - Monitor your merchant activity and get notified if a merchant has not processed any transactions for a certain number of days
- Proposal Generator - Create pricing comparisons and proposals to be sent to your merchants with only a few clicks.
- The Scoop - Get the scoop on your business by viewing your portfolio, top agents' performances, and your entire portfolio’s PCI status.
- Dialer Metrics - View reports on your team's Dialer and SMS activity.
- Dupe Checker - Use the Dupe Checker to find and delete any duplicate or outdated/incorrect leads.
- Pricing Templates - Create pricing templates and fill in your forms with the pricing information automatically.
The Residuals reports show you the summary and detailed information for each merchant, including the profitability information:
For more information on the profitability information please see our article on Merchant Residuals Profitability.
Using the Helpdesk
As part of the sales process, you will inevitably encounter different kinds of merchant issues and requests such as terminal issues, pricing questions, updating address/banking/legal information etc.
Your CRM provides you with its own Helpdesk in order to help manage such inquiries:
Using the Helpdesk, you can log new merchant issues yourself and stay informed on the status of each issue being worked on.
For more information on the Helpdesk please see our article on Creating and Updating Helpdesk Tickets.
The CRM provides a central place to save and organize sales collateral, agreements and other types of documents to be shared with your team:
For more information on accessing documents in your CRM please see our article on Viewing the Documents Page.
Streamline your workflows by assigning the appropriate roles to users, managing email templates and eSignature forms, and importing lead data directly from your web forms.
Here are a few articles to get you started:
- User Accounts - Manage your agents by assigning them with the appropriate user class, user group, default residual split and other user options.
- Email Templates - Create Email templates and save your reps time writing emails and proposals. Email templates can also contain special fields which pull information from the lead, merchant or user record.
- Configure Sites/Tokens - Manage the import and creation of new incoming leads from your existing web form across your websites.
- Line Item Editor - Manage the income or expense charges that are assigned to a user or a merchant and schedule recurring charges.
- Lead Applications - Upload and manage your eSignature PDF applications.
- Forms - Map your eSignature PDF application fields to your lead form fields.
For any additional topics or information on advanced CRM features, feel free to explore the rest of the CRM Knowledge Base.