The Merchant Importer has two uses:
- create new merchants in IRIS
- update merchants that are already in IRIS
These properties may be included when creating or updating merchants.
- Days Until Notice
- Date Opened
- Date Closed
- Assigned User
- Split Year
- Split Month
- Apply Split to Future Months
Here are the steps to use the Merchant Importer:
1) Create a spreadsheet with columns for at least MID and DBA.
2) If you are assigning users to the merchants, include columns for Username to Assign, and Split % (use multiple Username and Split columns if multiple user assignments are needed). Fill in the info on the row for each MID. Save the file in the CSV format. Here's an example.
Note: The names of the columns don't have to be exactly as listed above because you will be mapping the columns to the properties in a later step.
3) Go to Manage > Administration > Merchants > Merchant Importer and upload the file.
4) The next step is to choose the default properties for the merchants. These are used if the merchants do not already exist in IRIS and/or do not have columns for these properties in your file.
5) In the Map Fields step, you will be setting which property goes with each of your columns.
If the merchants in the file are already in IRIS and you want to change or add properties to them, be sure to choose the Update option at the top and map the columns to their respective items. When you choose the Split mapping, it will ask you for which Username column it goes with, as you can have multiple Username and Split columns in your file if needed.
6) After completing the mapping, you will see a Preview of the data being imported or updated. The Users column has an icon to hover over to see the users being assigned or updated. Click the Manage button for a row if a change only for it is needed.
7) The last step is to locate the import you've prepared in the Pending Imports table and click Start Import. There are also other buttons if you want to check what you've configured for the import. Most imports take only a few minutes to run, and you will receive an email when it completes, so you do not need to wait on the page for it to finish.
8) Any completed imports will show in the My Finished Imports table.
9) You may confirm your merchants' info, assignments, and splits by going to Manage > Administration > Merchants > Merchant Management.