Your CRM provides you with the ability to set up automated email security alerts on several pre-defined trigger events including:
- Export Threshold Exceeded For Lead Data
- Export Threshold Exceeded For Merchant Data
- Export Threshold Exceeded For Helpdesk Data
- Export Threshold Exceeded For Communications (Email, SMS, Dialer)
- Attempted Login During Non-Office Hours
- Attempted Login From Non-Office IP
- The Wrong Password Entered
- User Account Disabled
The export alerts (i.e. the first four options listed above) can be triggered from several different pages and reports in the CRM. For example, if you select the “Export Threshold Exceeded For Lead Data” event, you will receive security alerts whenever this type of event occurs either in the Leads by Status report or in the Leads Search report.
Here is a breakdown of all of the pages and reports which are being monitored automatically for each of the four types of data exports:
Export Threshold Exceeded For Lead Data:
- Home > Lead Overview (Exporting Leads by Status)
- Home > Reports (Exporting Leads Search)
Export Threshold Exceeded For Merchant Data:
- Home > E-Apps tab (Exporting submitted applications)
- Manage > Administration > Merchants > PCI Compliance Reports > Generate (Generate Non-Compliance Report)
- Manage > Administration > Residuals > Line Items (Exporting Line Items)
- Merchant Details > Deposits (Exporting Daily Deposits)
- Merchant Details > Financials (Exporting Financials)
- Merchant Details > Memos (Exporting Memos)
- Merchant Details > Retrievals (Exporting Retrievals)
- Merchant Details > Chargebacks (Exporting Chargebacks)
- View All Merchants (Exporting Merchants)
- Manage > Administration > Merchants > Merchant Management (Exporting Merchants)
- Tools > Merchant Tracker (Exporting Stopped Processing Merchants)
- Tools > Portfolio Activity (Exporting Merchants)
- Tools > The Scoop > ControlScan (Exporting Merchants)
- Residuals > Export All
- Residuals > Export Report
- Residuals > Export Details tab
- Residuals > Export Summary View
Export Threshold Exceeded For Helpdesk Data:
- Helpdesk (Exporting Tickets)
Export Threshold Exceeded For Communications Data:
- Tools > Dialer Metrics > Dialer Activity
- Tools > SMS Metrics
- Manage > Administration > Email > Email History
Within the system alerts settings you can:
- Set specific thresholds for different events
- Select specific Groups or User Classes that will be monitored
- Select specific Users or User Classes who will receive the alerts
The system alerts settings can be created, edited and deleted only by System Administrator or Super Administrator users.
Adding a New Security Alert
To add a new security alert, go to Manage > Administration > Logs > Security Export Alerts and click on the Add New Security Alert button:
The New Security Alert pop-up window will appear as shown in this image:
You can now enter your alert settings as described further below.
Select Alert Type and Alert Threshold
Click on the Alert Type drop-down menu and select the type of event for which security alerts will be sent:
After you have selected the alert type a new Alert Threshold drop-down menu will appear right below the Alert Type drop-down.
The Alert Threshold menu lists the threshold options that you can select for that particular alert type:
Several types of thresholds will require you to enter additional threshold settings.
For example, if you choose to send out security alerts for the Wrong Password Entered event after a specific number of event occurrences, you will also need to enter the number of such occurrences including the time span within which they happen:
In the above example, a security alert will be automatically sent out if a user tries to log in 3 times within a span of 5 minutes and fails.
Select the Groups or User Classes to Be Monitored
Next, select specific Groups and User Classes to whom the new monitoring rules will be applied.
Click on the Groups field and a drop-down pick list will appear which contains a list of all available groups that you can select. Alternatively, you can leave the default option enabled which is to monitor All Groups:
Note that the settings for security alerts are based on a primary group of a user.
When selecting User Classes which will be monitored you can choose from one of three options as shown in the below image:
If you choose the All, except selected user classes or the Only selected user classes option then an additional pick-list will automatically appear below the User Classes menu. You can use this list to select specific User Classes that will be excluded or included in the new monitoring rule (depending on which of the two options you selected):
Select Recipients for Security Alerts
In the last step of configuring your security alert, select the User Classes or specific users who will receive the email alerts.
Similarly as in previous steps, clicking on the Notify User Classes or Notify Users fields will open a pick-list which allows you to select the User Classes or specific users. When finished, click the Add button and your new security alert will be saved:
Viewing and Managing Saved Alerts
The Manage Security Alerts page also shows a table which contains detailed information on each of your security alerts. Using this table you can always access and modify your settings whenever needed:
In order to locate all the security alerts which apply to a specific user group click on the filter field next to the Add New Security Alert button and select the required group(s):
Once you've made your selection the table will refresh automatically and show only the alerts that were set for that specific group.