Your leads (and even your current merchants) can have agreements sent to them for E-Signature. An electronic signature is quickly becoming a status quo of doing business in a variety of industries.
Clients are happier and agreements are returned faster to the sellers of goods services with electronically signed agreements.
Powered by Adobe Sign, we have taken E-Signature to the next level by delivering a single point of data entry which automatically transfers data collected from an electronically signed document back into IRIS CRM.
To begin sending out electronic agreements to prospective clients, follow these steps:
On the lead form, go to the "E-Sign" tab, select the document to be signed, and click "Preview Email":
Alternatively, you can also send out agreements from the "Merchant Details" page by expanding the "E-Sign" accordion under the "Profile" tab:
After you've clicked on the "Preview Email" button, a unique link will be generated and copied in the email which you will send to the merchant. Here's an example of one such link in an email:
If you would like to preview the agreement before sending the email, hold down the Ctrl key (or the Command key on Mac) and click the link to open it in a new tab.
The document will display on screen and allow you to fill in the fields, initials, and signatures. Note the "Next Required" button at the top which moves the signer through the document:
While a document is in the process of being signed, there are several events which trigger the sending of automatic notifications:
- When the email is opened by your prospect, you will receive an automatic pop-up notification (if set on the template used to send the email).
- When the E-Sign link is clicked, you will receive an email notifying you that the prospect is viewing the document.
- When all of the required fields are completed and the document is signed, both the sender and the client will receive an email containing a copy of the PDF agreement. Also the completed attachment is automatically bound back directly to the lead into the Attachments tab.
- If the document had fields which were modified before the document was signed, you will be notified of the changes and also you will be able to approve or decline each such change.
- When the app is completed, you and the merchant will receive an email with a copy of the PDF agreement which will also be saved on the lead form.
If you'll need to locate a specific agreement later on, you can always find it under the Attachments tab on the lead form. Agreements can be downloaded at any time or emailed directly from the system: