The CRM provides the ability to send agreements to clients for E-Signature. An electronic signature has become a status quo of doing business in a variety of industries.
Clients are happier and agreements are returned faster to the sellers of goods and services with electronically signed agreements.
Powered by Adobe Sign, we have taken E-Signature to the next level by delivering a single point of data entry that automatically transfers data collected from an electronically signed document back into the CRM.
Sending the Agreement for E-Signature
To send an E-Signature agreement, ensure that all information is saved on the lead and open the E-Sign tab. Then select the document to be signed, and click Preview Email:
If your application was set up with multiple signers, a popup will appear which allows you to add additional signers.
Click Add Signer to add the names and email address of any additional signers, and then click the Preview Email button:
A new email is now launched which you can send to the client. The email contains a link to Adobe's E-Signature page:
After you send the email you can preview the E-Signature agreement by clicking on the Preview link on the E-Sign tab.
The E-Signature agreement is pre-filled with information retrieved from the lead based on the E-Signature field mappings.
The client will need to fill in all of the required fields before being able to submit the agreement.
To locate the required fields faster, the client can click on the Next Required button at the top which automatically scrolls the page to each required field:
Note: The information entered on the E-Signature page is saved only after the document gets submitted.
Once the client signs the agreement and submits it, a signed copy will be sent to the client by email and also saved on the E-Sign tab and the Attachments tab.
To view the IP addresses of both the application sender and signer, hover your mouse over the signed document icon:
By default, E-Signature applications do not have an expiry date. An application expires only when it's signed by the client, or when it's archived on the E-Sign tab.
Note: You can also send an E-Signature agreement from the Merchant Details page (by expanding the E-Signature accordion under the Profile tab).
While an agreement is in the process of being signed, the CRM system will send automatic notifications for several events.
- When the email is opened by your client, the sales rep will receive an automatic pop-up notification (if the notification was enabled on the template used to send the email).
- When the E-Signature link is clicked, the sales rep will receive an email notifying the rep that the prospect is viewing the document.
- When all of the required fields are completed and the agreement is signed, both the sender and the client will receive an email containing a copy of the PDF agreement. Also, the completed attachment is automatically bound back directly to the lead into the Attachments tab, and the lead fields are updated with the information filled in on the agreement.
- If the agreement contained fields that the recipient modified before the agreement was signed, the sales rep will be notified of those changes by email.
If you send an E-Signature agreement to multiple signers, then each signer will need to sign the agreement in order to complete the E-Signature process:
Note: The CRM automatically detects how many signers there are based on the special signature fields that have been set up for each signer in the PDF document.
Note: The primary signer's email is pulled automatically from the lead's email special field.
After the E-Sign agreement is sent out to the client initially, only the first signer will be able to sign the document in the field provided for the first signer.
Once signed, a new notification is sent automatically to the next signer, and so forth until all the signers have added their signatures to the agreement.
In a multi-signer scenario, all required fields not assigned to a specific signer will need to be filled in by the first signer.
Optional fields not completed by the first signer will be available and editable for the next signer. Fields completed by a previous signer will be locked for any subsequent signers.
After all of the signers have added their signatures and submitted the agreement, a copy of the agreement will be emailed to each signer (in addition to being saved on the lead).
Additional E-Signature Resources
Here are some additional resources to help you set up and manage your E-Signature workflow according to your specific use case:
- Combine Multiple PDF Documents for Streamlined E-Signature
- Password Protecting PDF Documents in E-Signature Confirmation Emails
- Change Lead Status on E-Sign Submission
- Map E-Signature Applications to the Lead
- Transferring E-Signature Data From Lead To E-Sign and E-Sign To Lead
- Enable Attachment Upload On E-Signature Page