Your CRM provides you with the ability to send agreements to your leads and clients for E-Signature. An electronic signature has become a status quo of doing business in a variety of industries.
Clients are happier and agreements are returned faster to the sellers of goods and services with electronically signed agreements.
Powered by Adobe Sign, we have taken E-Signature to the next level by delivering a single point of data entry which automatically transfers data collected from an electronically signed document back into the CRM.
You can also secure the PDF files that are sent to the client after the agreement is signed using password protection.
Once the signed document is received, the lead status can be automatically changed to a new status.
More info: Manage PDF Applications
Sending the Agreement for E-Signature
To begin sending out electronic agreements to prospective clients, follow these steps:
2. On the lead form, ensure all information is saved and open the E-Sign tab. Then select the document to be signed, and click Preview Email:
Note: You can also send out agreements from the Merchant Details page (by expanding the E-Sign accordion under the Profile tab):
3. If your application was set up with multiple signers, a popup will appear which allows you to add additional signers (otherwise this step will be skipped):
4. In the next step, a new email is launched which you can send to the client directly. The email contains a link to the Adobe E-Sign application page.
Here's an example of the email with the link to the E-Signature application:
5. To preview the agreement you can click on the link shown in the email and the agreement will open in a new tab.
The agreement is pre-filled with information pulled from the lead based on the field mappings that have been set up earlier.
To locate the required fields within the agreement faster, click the Next Required button at the top which moves you from one required field to another through the document:
Note: Any information that you enter in the document during the preview will not be saved. The entered information gets saved only after the document is signed and submitted.
Signing the Agreement
While a document is in the process of being signed, there are several events which trigger the sending of automatic notifications:
- When the email is opened by your prospect, you will receive an automatic pop-up notification (if the notification was enabled on the template used to send the email).
- When the E-Sign link is clicked, you will receive an email notifying you that the prospect is viewing the document.
- When all of the required fields are completed and the document is signed, both the sender and the client will receive an email containing a copy of the PDF agreement. Also, the completed attachment is automatically bound back directly to the lead into the Attachments tab, and the lead fields are updated with the information filled in on the agreement.
- If the document had fields which were modified before the document was signed, you will be notified of the changes and also you will be able to approve or decline each such change.
The signed documents can always be viewed or downloaded from the E-Sign tab:
If an agreement requires multiple signatures, then each specified signer will need to sign the document in order to complete the E-Sign process:
Note: The CRM automatically detects how many signature fields there are in an application, and it will allow you to assign different contacts to different signers (e.g. signer1 (the primary signer), signer2, signer3, etc.).
Note: The primary signer's email is pulled automatically from the lead email special field.
After the E-Sign agreement is sent out to the client initially, only the first signer will be able to sign the document in the field provided for the first signer.
Once signed, a new notification is sent automatically to the next signer, and so forth until all the signers have added their signatures to the agreement.
In a multi-signer scenario, all required fields not assigned to a specific signer will need to be filled in by the first signer.
Optional fields not completed by the first signer will be available and editable for the next signer. Fields completed by one signer are not editable by the next signer.
After all of the signers have added their signatures and submitted the document, a copy of the document will be emailed to each signer (in addition to being saved on the lead).