The View As feature provides you with the ability to view the IRIS CRM system in exactly the same way as it appears to a particular user or a user class.
By using the View As feature many functions can be performed faster and in a more efficient manner. For example:
- Administrators can answer users’ usability questions quicker without having to reset user passwords
- Operations can provide better & faster customer support by viewing a site from the merchant’s perspective
- Sales managers can quickly diagnose issues with lead and merchant views for their agents
- Financial managers can verify that sales reps are being paid correctly from their perspective
Switching Your Views
To change your view to a different user’s perspective, click on your username in the top right corner of any page and select the View As option:
A gray bar will appear on top of the home page as shown in the below screenshot:
To the left of the bar, you will find the View System As drop-down menu which you can use to select a user whose view you wish to switch over to.
To the right of the bar, there is an Exit View As link which returns you to your own system view at any point.
View System As Menu
When you click on the View System As drop-down menu, a list of all the active users whose views you are allowed to switch over to will be shown.
To find a specific user, start typing the user's name in the provided search box and the menu will automatically display the top matches:
After you’ve found and selected your user, the system will refresh and begin to show the exact same interface and data that the selected user is also seeing.
The gray bar on top will now change to indicate that you are currently viewing the system as the selected user:
When you are ready to return to your own system view, click on the Exit View As link and you will be taken back to your homepage.
The "View As" Permissions
In order to enable users to use the "View As" feature, you will need to provide them with the appropriate permissions on the User Classes page.
To do so, go to Manage > Administration > Users & Groups > User Classes and click on the Permissions button for the user class that you wish to edit:
Expand the User Management accordion, locate the View As Another User option (at the bottom of the sub-list) and select the checkbox to the right of that option (either in the Advanced or the Administrator column – Basic users are not able to access this feature):
Having selected the View As Another User option, you now also need to select one of the three radio-button options directly above it.
These three options control the different ranges of access that a particular user is able to navigate to using the View As feature.
Here is a description of each option:
- User Accounts – Add and edit users that are configured to report to them
- User Accounts – Group: Add and edit all users within the user’s group except Administrator-type users
- User Accounts – All: Add and edit system-wide users of any class except Administrator-type users