Merchant accounts are linked to lead records so that an ISO can store additional information that is helpful in servicing an account.
Leads are automatically linked to merchant records in the following ways:
- When a lead is boarded through TurboApp, the approved merchant account is automatically linked to the originating lead.
- When a merchant is created in IRIS, a corresponding lead record is created (this is optional, and may be enabled/disabled by contacting the support team).
Sometimes it's necessary to link a lead to a merchant record manually, either because the account wasn't boarded through IRIS, or the lead didn't have the information necessary to automatically link to the merchant account.
Linking a lead to a merchant record is easy, and can be done by any user with access to the lead and the merchant account in IRIS. Here's how its done:
- Navigate to the desired lead.
- Click the "Link" button in the Actions area:
- The Link dialog will appear which gives the option to search by either account number or DBA:
- If the Account Number/MID is populated on the lead, and it matches an existing merchant in the system, the Link dialog will populate with a suggested merchant to link to.
- If the DBA is filled in on the lead and matches the DBA of a merchant record, the Link dialog will populate with a suggested merchant to link to.