Potential customers are far more likely to pick up the phone if they believe an incoming call is local. Local Presence automatically displays a local caller ID for any US area code. Whether you’re calling San Diego New York, Atlanta, or Kansas City, your prospects will always see a local number on their caller ID.
Here's how you can set up this valuable sales tool in the Dialer.
Local Presence does not work unless you own a phone number from the city within the area code you'd like to mimic. The first thing you need to do is check and see what regional phone numbers your company owns.
1. Go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Phone Numbers.
2. Observe the numbers with Outgoing listed in the Call Direction column.
Since you have outgoing numbers in the 206, 347, 408 and 970 area codes, Local Presence can be enabled for these locations. If you would like to add additional numbers from other area codes, you can check out the How to Buy Phone Numbers for the Dialer article. After you have added the desired area codes, you are ready for the next step.
Enabling Local Presence
1. Go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Dialer Extensions.
2. Click the Edit button (the wrench icon) for the preferred user. The Edit User Settings dialog opens.
3. Observe the Caller ID section at the top of the Edit User Settings dialog. The selected number is the number currently displayed for all calls.
4. Select the Enable Local Presence checkbox.
5. Click Save. Local Presence is now enabled.