The CRM Dialer users have the ability to automatically show up as a local phone number on a prospect’s caller ID.
When local presence is enabled and you own a phone number with a matching area code to the number being dialed, then that phone number will be used for caller ID purposes.
If the merchant calls back the number it will be routed to your existing IVR or inbound calling workflow.
Using a local presence dialer can boost call connection rates by almost 400%.
Dialing technology enables reps to dial an average of 48% more prospects and to have 15% more sales conversations every day!
If you wish to add phone numbers you can buy them using the CRM. Additionally, it is also possible to port the existing phone numbers you own into the system (contact the CRM support for more info).
Setting Up Local Presence
Local Presence works only if you own a phone number from the city within the area code that you'd like to mimic.
The first thing you need to do is to check and see what regional phone numbers your company owns.
1. Go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Phone Numbers.
2. Observe the numbers with Outgoing listed in the Call Direction column:
In the above example, the ISO has outgoing numbers in the 224, 253, 347 and 916 area codes, and so the Local Presence can be enabled for those locations.
If you would like to add additional numbers from other area codes, you will need to buy additional phone numbers. For more information please see our article on Dialer Phone Numbers.
After you have added the desired area codes, you can enable Local Presence for a specific user by following these steps:
1. Go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Dialer User Settings.
2. Click the Settings button (the wrench icon) for the desired user:
3. In the Edit User Settings dialog which opens observe the Caller ID section that shows the number which is currently displayed for all calls. Select the Enable Local Presence checkbox next to that number:
4. Click Save and the Local Presence for the selected user is now enabled.
Using Local Presence in Emails
The local presence phone number that you purchased can be displayed dynamically in your emails too (if the number matches the area code of the lead you are emailing).
In order to use the local presence in your Email Templates, insert the local presence placeholder in the appropriate location in your template:
When the email template is selected for use on a lead, it will populate either with the matching local number or if there is no match it will populate your toll-free number: