As you know, potential customers don't always pick up the phone. Instead of repeating the same message on multiple voicemails, you can save valuable time by leaving pre-recorded messages with the push of a button.
The customer will receive the necessary information, and you won't have to repeat the same message several times.
Uploading a Pre-recorded Voicemail Drop
Here are the steps to set up your phone with pre-recorded voicemail drops:
1. Go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Dialer Extensions.
2. Locate the user for whom you would like to add pre-recorded Voicemail Drops and click the Settings button (the wrench icon):
3. On the Edit User Settings dialog which opens, click the Voicemail Drops button:
5. In the Manage User Voicemail Drops dialog which opens next, click the Add Recording button. A field and a row of three buttons will appear beneath it:
Enter the recording name in the text field, and then click on the first button in the row in order to locate the recording on your disk and upload it.
The second button in the row is used to delete an existing recording, and the third button is used to listen to the saved recording.
While the Manage User Voicemail Drops dialog is open, you can repeat the process to add more recordings if needed. When finished Save and close all open dialogs.
Leaving a Voicemail Drop
1. When dialing a number, you'll notice a gray icon between the bottom of the keypad and the top of the Hang Up button:
2. Click the icon and your voicemail drops will be displayed as buttons:
3. Once the voicemail message of the person you're calling starts to play, click the desired drop button. The call will then disconnect immediately and your pre-recorded message will be left on that person's voicemail.