A Voicemail Drop system enables sales reps to drop pre-recorded messages in prospects' voicemails instead of repeating the same messages over and over.
If a prospect does not answer a call, the sales rep can simply select a voicemail message to send in the Dialer and then hang up.
The average time for leaving a voicemail is 30 seconds. Assuming a high-volume sales environment with sales reps leaving 100+ voicemails per day, the voicemail drop system can potentially save 20+ hours for each sales rep every month.
Using pre-recorded voicemails also ensures that every voicemail message sounds perfect and has no background noises.
Uploading a Pre-recorded Voicemail Drop
Here are the steps to set up pre-recorded voicemail drops in your Dialer:
1. Navigate to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Dialer User Settings, find the user for whom you wish to configure the voicemail drops, and click on the wrench icon:
2. The Edit User Settings dialog will now open. Click the Voicemail Drops button:
3. In the next popup, click Add Recording. A field and a row of three buttons will appear beneath it:
Enter the recording name in the text field, and then click on the first button in the row to find and upload the voicemail recording from your disk (a .mp3 or .wav file).
The second button in the row is used to delete an existing recording, and the third button is used to listen to the saved recording.
Repeat the process to add more recordings if needed. When finished, click Save and close all open dialogs:
Leaving a Voicemail Drop
1. While a call is in progress, the Voicemail Drop icon is shown just above the Hang Up button:
2. Click the icon and your voicemail drops will be displayed as buttons:
3. Once the voicemail message of your prospect starts to play, click the desired drop button. The call will then disconnect immediately and your pre-recorded message will be left on the prospect's voicemail.