Adding an extension, setting a caller ID, and enabling and disabling call forwarding are just some of the tasks you can accomplish quickly and easily in your Dialer settings.
Add an Extension
1. To add a new extension (or multiple extensions) for a specific user, go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Dialer User Settings and click the wrench icon on that user:
2. In the Edit User Settings dialog which opens, select a phone number from the drop-down menu in the Assigned Extensions section, and click Add Extension:
3. A blank field will open to the right of the selected number where you can enter a unique extension number. If the number you entered is an available extension, a green checkmark will appear to the right of the field:
4. You can proceed to add more extensions for other phone numbers if needed. When finished, click Save on the Edit User Settings dialog and the new extension(s) will be saved.
Set Your Caller ID
1. To set a Caller ID for a specific user, go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Dialer User Settings and click the wrench icon on that user.
2. In the Edit User Settings dialog which opens, select a number from the Phone Number drop-down menu in the Caller ID section. If needed, you can also Enable Local Presence in this section:
3. When finished, click Save and the Caller ID for outgoing calls will now display the number you selected.
Enable or Disable Call Forwarding
Call Forwarding takes direct user calls (i.e., by extension) and routes them to an outside number instead of ringing to the user in the Dialer. The user's Online/Offline status in the Dialer does not affect Call Forwarding.
1. To enable call forwarding for a specific user, go to Manage > Administration > Dialer > Dialer User Settings and click the wrench icon on that user.
2. In the Edit User Settings dialog which opens, click on the gear icon next to the Enable Forwarding checkbox:
3. In the dialog which opens, enter the phone number for which you're enabling call forwarding and click Verify:
4. A six-digit confirmation code will now appear below the phone field and you will receive a call from an automated response at the number you entered:
5. Accept the incoming call from the automated response, and enter the six-digit confirmation code on your phone dial when instructed.
6. When you are informed that the process has completed, click the Save button and the verification dialog will close.
7. Finally, select the Enable Forwarding checkbox in the Edit User Settings dialog and save and close it. All future calls to this extension will be now be sent to the verified forwarding number:
8. To disable the call forwarding at any point, open the Edit User Settings dialog again and un-select the Enable Forwarding checkbox.