Your CRM Dialer provides you with the ability to:
- Buy and use new phone numbers to make and receive calls in the CRM
- Port your existing phone numbers into the CRM
- Use local presence to give the appearance that you are calling from the same area code as your potential customer
How to Buy New Phone Numbers
Here are the instructions for buying new phone numbers in the CRM:
1. Open the Local Presence tab on the Manage Dialer Settings page via the Manage > Administration > Dialer > Local Presence menu:
2. The Manage Dialer Settings page will by default show only the phone numbers in the missing area codes (i.e. area codes for which you currently do not own any phone numbers).
If you wish to see a list of ALL area codes instead, then un-select the Show Missing Area Codes checkbox, and the list will refresh to show all phone numbers that you can purchase:
3. If you are looking purchase a phone number in a specific city, state, or area code, you can use the Search box in order to locate such numbers faster:
4. To find an individual phone number, click the button to the right of the field. The field will populate with a number available for purchase:
5. To purchase the number, click on the green shopping cart icon in the Actions column and confirm your purchase:
6. To display multiple numbers, click the Show Available Numbers button.
If no numbers are available for a particular area code, then the phone number field will show "No Numbers Available":
7. After all the available numbers have been shown, you can purchase all of them by clicking the Buy All Available Numbers button and clicking OK to confirm your purchase:
Porting Your Current Phone Numbers into the CRM
To port your existing phone number to call in and out of the CRM, download and fill out the Porting Letter of Authorization and send that along with a recent billing statement showing ownership of the number to CRM Support.
Forwarding of your existing phone number to ring a phone number in the CRM is configured in your current carrier's
Using Local Presence
To learn more about local presence please see our article on Local Presence.