Manage your clients' issues and tasks easily using the CRM's integrated Helpdesk.
In this article, we provide instructions for creating and working your tickets.
Creating a New Ticket in Helpdesk
1. Click on the Helpdesk button in the top navigation bar and click Add New Ticket:
2. The Add New Ticket popup will appear where you can enter the ticket details.
Here is a screenshot of the ticket popup including an explanation of the different parts of the ticket form:
- Type — Select the appropriate type for your new ticket. Depending on which ticket type is selected, the ticket popup may show different options or checklists. More info: Ticket Types
- Assign To — Select user(s) to assign the ticket to. If the ticket type you selected was set up with an auto-assign rule, then the Assign To box will automatically show the selected user(s).
- Additional Information — This section displays quick instructions on how to resolve the current ticket type. The instructions can be saved in the Ticket Type settings.
- Priority — Select the Low, Medium, or Rush ticket priority. Tickets with Medium and Rush priorities are highlighted on the Helpdesk page in yellow and red colors respectively to make them easier to spot.
- For — Choose if the new ticket is for a Merchant, a Lead, or None. If you select the Merchant or the Lead option, then you'll also need to look up the appropriate Merchant or Lead (via the DBA name or other properties) in order to link the ticket to them.
- Subject — Add the ticket subject which will be shown on the ticket and in the ticket report on the Helpdesk page.
- Description — Add a description of the issue and choose if the ticket should be visible to the merchant or not.
- Speech Recognition — Use CRM's speech recognition feature to speak instead of typing. If you have a headset with a microphone simply click on the microphone button and as you start talking your words will appear in the description box automatically.
- Attachments — Use the attachments area to drag and drop attachments into the ticket, or click the Browse button to locate the attachments using the file selection dialog.
- Notifications - Add users who will receive notifications on any changes made to the ticket. You can select the users by typing their name and if needed you can also add external email addresses. Note: If a ticket is being created for a Lead or a Merchant, and if such a Lead or Merchant has a user assigned, then that user will be automatically added in the Notifications field.
- Checklist — If a checklist is defined for the selected ticket type, then the user will need to complete all of the items in the checklist in order to resolve the ticket. Note: Some items in the checklist may need to be completed before the ticket is created. Until such items are checked off, the Add Ticket button will be greyed out.
3. After filling in the ticket information (and checking off any required checklist items), click Add Ticket and the ticket will be created.
Completing a Checklist
If a checklist has been set up for a ticket type, then you will need to complete all the checklist items before the ticket can be resolved.
Specially, the checklist items marked with a red asterisk must be completed before the ticket is created (or otherwise the Add Ticket button will be greyed out):
Working Your Tickets
By default, the Helpdesk page will show the ticket summary at the top, and the filtered tickets at the bottom.
To view tickets in a specific status, click any cell containing numbers in the top grid (for example New / Lifetime). The bottom table will then display the filtered results.
Medium priority tickets are highlighted in yellow color on the list, and high-priority tickets are highlighted in red.
Click on any ticket in the filtered results to open it in a new window.
Here is an example of a ticket together with the explanations of the various parts of the ticket:
- Navigation — Use the Previous or Next buttons to move quickly from one ticket to another.
- Ticket Status — As the ticket is being progressed change the ticket's status to one of the provided status states.
- Ticket Details — View or update the ticket details. If needed, you can also delete the ticket using the Delete button towards the bottom of the details section.
- Checklist — Complete and check off the steps that have been assigned to this ticket type. A ticket can be resolved only after all of the items on the checklist have been checked/completed. Note: If the ticket type is changed then its checklist will be removed. If the ticket type is changed back to the original type, the checklist will re-appear however all of the items will be set as incomplete.
- Add Comments — Use this section to add comments, upload attachments, or copy/paste images in your ticket. Here you can also select users who will be notified on the new comments and use the Add Event button to quickly schedule a task or an appointment.
- View Comments — Use this section to view saved comments and system messages.
Note: When you add a new comment, the Notifications box will automatically show the same users who were notified in the previous comment. To see which users were notified for a particular comment hover your mouse over the envelope icon on that comment:
You can also add external email addresses in the Notifications box by typing in an address and hitting the Tab or the Enter key.
Creating a New Ticket from the Lead Form
If the Tickets tab has been enabled on your lead form by your Administrator, you can create new tickets right from the Lead form.
Open the Tickets tab and click on the Add New Ticket button:
The Add New Ticket window will open up and you can then perform the same steps as before to add your new ticket.
As shown in the above image, the Tickets tab will also show all of your Lead's tickets in a table and you can open each ticket from there by clicking on the ticket's ID number.
Creating a New Ticket from the Merchant Details Page
A similar procedure as with creating a new ticket from the Lead form can also be performed from the Tickets tab on the Merchant Details page:
As shown in the above image, the Tickets tab on the Merchant Details page will also show a list of the merchant's tickets in a table and you can search, sort and open the tickets from there.
Viewing Tickets After a Lead is Linked to Merchant Account
When a Lead is linked to a Merchant account then all of the Lead's existing tickets will automatically appear in the list of Merchant's tickets (under the Tickets tab).
This also works the other way around, i.e. the Merchant's existing tickets will appear in the list of Lead's tickets (also under the Tickets tab).
For more information on linking Leads to Merchant accounts please see our article on Linking Leads to Merchant Accounts.
If a ticket originated from a Lead linked to a Merchant account, then you will find links to both the Merchant and the Lead in the ticket. In this way you can quickly navigate to either of the two depending on the nature of the ticket:
On the other hand, if a ticket had originated from a linked Merchant account, then it is assumed that such a ticket pertains only to the Merchant and not to the Lead.
Accordingly, such a ticket will not show a link to the linked Lead, but it will only show a link the to Merchant account.
You can delete ticket attachments by clicking on the ‘X’ icon next to an attachment:
You can also remove attachments from ticket comments by opening the comment in edit mode, and clicking on the ‘X’ icons: