If you want the merchant to only be able to enter certain info, like their initials and signature, but not change other fields when e-signing an application, you can download the application from your site, open it in Adobe Acrobat Pro, and set the necessary fields as Read Only or Required. That will make it so they still populate when you generate the app from the lead, but the merchant can't change what you don't want them to change. Here are the steps to take:
- Go to Manage > Administration > E-Signature > Import PDFs
- Click Download on the desired application.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Go to Tools > Forms > Edit <-- depending on your version of Acrobat this may be accessed another way.
- In form edit mode, you may click on a field or drag a box over several fields, then right-click and choose Properties. There you'll see the checkboxes for Read Only and Required. This is pictured below.
- Make sure you don't make the initials or signature fields Read Only, or any other field that the merchant should fill in. Typically pricing fields are marked Read Only, and fields that must be filled in, such as business name, contact info, and other important details are marked Required.
- After setting the needed fields to Read Only, save your file and in the Manage Applications page click Upload on the application to replace it with your updated file so it has the same field mappings as before. If you upload it as a new application, it will not have any mappings unless added or copied.
- Applications sent out going forward will have those fields un-editable by the merchant when e-signing.