This article is the second in a series of three articles where we discuss the steps for creating a new e-signature document in the CRM and mapping it to the lead.
You can jump to the other two articles using the links below:
In this article, we'll show you how to upload a PDF document to CRM and configure the e-signature settings.
Creating the E-Signature Document
To create a new e-signature document navigate to Manage > Administration > E-Signature > Import PDFs, and click Add New Application.
A popup window will appear where you can select a PDF file to upload and the e-signature document settings:
Here are the explanations of the E-Signature settings:
- Category: This is the category that the e-signature document will be shown under on the lead.
- Application Type: Select eSignature Application or Generic Form (without e-signature capability).
- Display Title: This is the title that appears in the e-signature document dropdown on the lead.
- Document Name: This is the name of the PDF file that will be saved on the lead.
- Label: This label will be applied to the PDF document after it's generated on the E-Sign tab.
- Email Template: This is the email that launches automatically when an e-signature document is generated. The email template can be customized on the Email Templates page.
- Signed Template: This is the confirmation email that the client receives automatically after they sign the document. The email template can be customized on the Email Templates page.
- Signed Lead Status: When the document is signed the lead will move into the selected status state automatically.
- Password Field: Select a secure field (eg. SSN) that will serve as the password for the generated PDF files. The password is set as the last 4 characters of the selected field's value. More info: Send Secure PDF In E-Signature Confirmation Email
- Label: This label will be applied to documents that have been signed.
- Confirmation Page: This page is displayed to the client after they sign the application. The page can be easily customized according to your needs. More Info: Confirmation Pages
- Help Banner: This is a customizable banner that can show your contact info on the e-signature page in case the clients need any assistance signing the document. More info: Help Banners
After selecting your e-signature settings, select the PDF file to upload and click Save.
Your new e-signature document is now saved and displayed on the applications page. You can manage the application using the action buttons on the app:
Next article: Mapping the PDF to lead fields